September 1, 2022
Milwaukee, Wisconsin – The Wisconsin Sustainable Business Council (WSBC) is proud to announce its 2022 Sustainable Business Award Finalists. The Sustainable Business Awards celebrate recipients for showing cutting-edge environmental, social, and governance leadership while rewarding them for being leaders in their industry and community. The finalists demonstrate leadership, initiative, and innovation and make measurable impacts across their businesses and the communities they serve.
Jessy Servi Ortiz, Managing Director of WSBC, says, “Businesses play a crucial role in delivering solutions to customers and markets. These awards recognize Wisconsin businesses for delivering value through sustainable integration and driving sustainable adoption and innovation in the market.” The Sustainable Business Award finalists for 2022 include:
Sustainable Product Finalists
- ContainerBoard Paper by Green Bay Packaging
- Flex Farm by Fork Farms
- The Abstra ™ Collection by Kohler WasteLAB®
Innovative Service Finalists
- Cooperative Solar Investment Service by SolarShare WI Coop
- Printing using UV LED Curing Technology by Empire Screen Printing
- Tax Sponsorship by Legacy Solar Coop
Sustainable Leadership – Executive Finalists
- Chris Drees, President, Mercury Marine
- Michelle Miller, Chief Sustainability Officer, Appvion
- Scott Anderson, Co-Owner, Director of Stakeholder Stewardship, Artisan Dental
Sustainable Leadership – Champion Finalists
- Jessica Quinlan, ESG and Sustainability Coordinator, Kohl’s
- Melita Nasca, PhD, Lead for Eagle Heights Community Gardens
- Scott Loucks, Sustainability Manager, Mercury Marine
The Award winners will be announced at the WSBC Awards Reception at Miron Construction in Titletown, Green Bay, on November 15, 2022.
A special leadership award is also given in honor of WSBC’s founder and executive director emeritus. The Thomas L. Eggert Leadership Forward Award recognizes Eggert’s legacy and countless contributions to the Wisconsin Sustainable Business Community. This award recognizes individuals who have supported and contributed to growing and extending the network of sustainability resources across Wisconsin. This award will be announced at the awards reception on the eve of WSBC’s 15th Annual Conference.
- For more information about the Awards Reception and WSBC Conference, visit: https://www.wisconsinsustainability.com/2022-conference
- To see last year’s award winners, visit https://www.wisconsinsustainability.com/2021winners
- For more information about the Awards, visit: www.wisconsinsustainability.com/awards
ABOUT THE WISCONSIN SUSTAINABLE BUSINESS COUNCIL
The Wisconsin Sustainable Business Council’s (WSBC) mission is to advance sustainable principles and practices forward through the power of business. As a member-driven organization, they support companies and sustainability professionals to educate, measure, and improve their sustainability outcomes and collaborate for shared success.
For 15 years, they have brought businesses together to solve sustainability challenges and work to address environmental, social, and governance actions in business, meeting companies where they are and assisting them with greater profitability and sustainability strategy integration.
WSBC is an affiliate of WMEP Manufacturing Solutions. For more information, visit http://www.wisconsinsustainability.com/
For more information contact: Jessy Servi Ortiz, Managing Director, Wisconsin Sustainable Business Council, at 414.861.1177 or email [email protected].