Talent & Culture Manufacturer Solutions
Our Talent & Culture Service experts partner with your team throughout the full employment life cycle to create processes and programs that help you identify, attract, motivate, develop, and retain employees capable of making a significant contribution to your organization’s success.
Culture & Leadership Assessments
The Employee Engagement Analysis (-EEA) tool is a customizable diagnostic tool that profiles the organization and overall across the following nine key employee engagement factors:
- Employee Benefits
- Work Environment
- Career Development/Training
- Customer Focus
- A data-driven, objective approach to employee engagement
- An Employee Engagement Report that identifies and prioritizes gaps
- Recommendations for increasing drivers of employee engagement
- Development of an Employee Engagement gap action plan
The Retention Value Analysis (RVA) tool is a customizable diagnostic tool that profiles the organization and overall across the following seven key employee retention factors:
- Company Vision, Values, and Culture
- Leadership and Management
- Recruitment and Selection
- Career Opportunity
- Compensation, Benefits and Rewards
- Work Environment
- A data driven approach to employee retention
- Quantitative and qualitative response summaries and scores give you a complete view of employee retention
- Recommendations for closing retention gaps based on leading practices
WMEP Talent & Culture services help manufacturers recruit, retain, engage and develop their employees.
Training Within Industry (TWI) is a dynamic program of hands-on learning and practice. It teaches essential skills for supervisors, team leaders, and anyone who directs the work of others. TWI provides a foundation for fostering organizational excellence and transforming business culture.
Training Within Industry (TWI) consists of four standardized programs addressing the essential skills needed by supervisors, team leaders, and trainers: Job Instruction (JI), Job Relations (JR), Job Methods (JM) and Job Safety (JS).
Training can be delivered in both English and Spanish.
Learn By Doing
The effectiveness and retention of training increase significantly when the material is applied soon after instruction. Each TWI program is delivered in five 3-4 hour sessions. After the daily session, trainees return to the workplace to use the techniques learned and choose real-life examples to discuss and practice in class.
Job Instruction Training (JI)
JI teaches how to effectively break down a job and deliver instruction for individual tasks. Developing and delivering training in this structured fashion fosters the conditions for process stability. Class attendees are taught how to set the stage for instruction, effectively demonstrate the task, observe and coach the operator and taper off coaching with proper follow-up. Benefits experienced when practicing Job Instruction are reduced training time, less scrap and rework, fewer accidents, and increased job satisfaction.
Job Relations Training (JR)
Job Relations teaches the foundations of positive employee relations. Developing and maintaining these good relationships prevents problems from arising and is paramount to earning loyalty and cooperation from others. When problems do arise, Job Relations teaches a proven method of getting the facts, weighing options, deciding, taking action, and checking results. Benefits experienced from practicing Job Relations include increased productivity, improved attendance, better morale, and higher employee retention rates.
Job Methods Training (JM)
The aim of the class is to produce greater quantities of quality products in less time by making the best use of the people, machines, and materials currently available. Participants are taught how to break down jobs into their constituent operations. Every detail is questioned in a systematic manner to generate ideas for improvement. New methods are developed by eliminating, combining, rearranging, and simplifying steps in the process. Job Methods yields significant benefits including reduced cost through productivity gains, increased throughput, and reduced work in process.
Job Safety Training (JS)
JS provides a framework for supervisors to engage employees in identifying potential hazards and eliminating them in conjunction with their training and knowledge in OSHA and EPA regulations. This class teaches supervisors a method to analyze the chain of events leading to accidents and hazardous situations. Root causes are identified and remediated to “break the chain” JS stresses that the relationship of the supervisor and employees plays a pivotal role in a safe and environmentally responsible workplace.
Leaders maximize results by earning the respect of those they lead, reducing opposition from followers, and enlisting buy-in from their teams. WMEP Manufacturing Solutions’ interactive Supervisor Skills course teaches the foundational leadership skills necessary for success.
Benefiting managers, shop floor supervisors, experienced management. and more, this workshop will re-open the door to effective leadership and bridge the gap between newer and seasoned workforces, senior and junior staff, and office and plant floor associates.
This 32-hour in-person workshop (four eight-hour sessions spread out over a two-to-three- week period) will equip participants with the knowledge and skills needed to become effective leaders and supervisors. Through a self-discovery approach the participants will be acquainted with skills and tools to relate to subordinates, peers and their managers.
This unique program is designed to give leaders the knowledge and skills to:
- Recognize effective leadership characteristics
- Identify and leverage strengths of self and others (Self Assessments)
- Effectively manage time
- Improve communication with team members
- Resolve conflict through collaborative strategies
- Lead through change
- Delegate and empower team members
- Develop the skills of others
- Build trust
- Develop a high-performing team
I learned a vast amount of beneficial skills and truly think it covers a wide array of issues all leaders face. Everyone, in any position, could benefit from this.Kerin (Walter’s Buildings)
I feel this Supervisor Skills training class has opened my eyes on how to be the manager people want to work for.Jamie (Tailored Label Products)
Touched a wide variety of different topics and gave me tools to help myself grow as an employee and as a leader. Exceeded my expectations.”Patty (Krier Foods)
This class gave me confidence that I didn’t have before.Luis (Denali Staffing)
WMEP’s Leader Training and Coaching program is tailored to empower existing and emerging leaders with the strategies, tools and wisdom needed to inspire team members to do and be their best.
Program graduates will experience:
- Higher confidence
- Improved team accountability
- Quicker issue resolution
- Greater enthusiasm, engagement, and overall happiness
- Better individual and team productivity
- More effective communications
- Improved teamwork and collaboration
- Faster talent development
This executive leadership program infuses thought-provoking insights and proven strategies with reflective thinking so executives identify the necessary action steps that result in higher productivity and profitability. The program agenda will be developed in collaboration with you so the right information is presented in the right way to make the biggest change happen. It will empower CEOs and Executive level leaders with:
- A system for operationalizing strategy and creating flawless execution so clients are consistently delighted
- Critical insights for leading, inspiring, and building a high-performance culture
- Strategies to improve business velocity
- An approach for aligning all business functions around the strategic goals to build a “One Company. One Team.” mindset
- A process for creating a culture of accountability where top talent excels and they invite their friends to join the company
Standardized Work will help your company proactively improve your training methods by setting a standard that will improve quality and reduce waste due to variation. Employees will feel more engaged and have a better understanding of what is expected of them.
- Increase process predictability and measurement of results
- Proactively addressing the looming retirement bubble
- Reducing errors so management has more time for strategic objectives
- Lessen the impact of loss of employees
A Strategic Workforce Plan will help your company proactively build a workforce to meet production and internal demands.
We work with our clients to categorize positions within their organization and identify the key roles that have the greatest impact on driving business success. We then help them build succession plans for key roles – including ”ready now” and more “longer term” candidate identification.
- Managing attrition rates due to a tight labor market
- Proactively addressing the retirement bubble
- Ensuring that workforce costs are aligned with desired metrics
- Becoming a more attractive workforce destination when recruiting against key competitors
Identify your strengths and weaknesses as an employer and how to “sell” your opportunities. Learn more about the Winning the War For Talent Workshop here!
- Organizational Design
- Performance Management Programs
- Change Management
WMEP has the real world, in-depth expertise to help you identify and explore new markets, products, and applications of existing technology.
Becoming an Employer of Choice, MTM Empowers Leadership for Sustainable Company Growth
COMPANY PROFILE: Manitowoc Tool & Manufacturing LLC (MTM) is an industry-leading production, metal stamping, metal fabrication and tool and die business. With 200,000 square feet of temperature-controlled production space, Manitowoc Tool & Manufacturing, located in the city of Manitowoc, offers turnkey…
Cher-Make Sausage Co. Wins with New Strategies to Attract and Retain Employees
Company Profile: Founded by Emil and Regina Chermak in 1928, Cher-Make Sausage Co. serves the branded and private-label industry and produces hot dogs, bratwurst, summer sausage, ring bologna, chicken sausage and smoked sausage. Products made at the company’s plant in…
Growing Pains from Exponential Growth Leads to a Holistic Approach to Improve Productivity
Wiscon Products’ CEO Torben Christensen and WMEP’s Stephen Smiley COMPANY PROFILE: Founded in 1945, Wiscon Products is a third generation, family-owned machine shop, that provides advanced CNC lathe precision turned parts from bar stock. The company’s expertise is in highly…